River of Kurn Alpha Launch Patch Notes
River of Kurn, version 0.1.0a (Alpha Launch)
Released September 2, 2019
- Everything! Everything is new. You may now begin your journey down the River of Kurn.
- In the future, this is where you can expect to learn what kinds of questions have been added in a patch, or what new and exciting functionality has been introduced.
- We're currently in the alpha phase (designated by the a in the version number). Beta is expected in early February of 2020 and its versions will be noted by a b in the version number. We expect to be out of beta and officially launch in July of 2020, which will be our version 1.0.0. Small changes, including the addition of questions, will increment the third digit, while more significant changes will cause the second digit to increment.
- In the future, most notable changes will be listed here.
- Yes. Most. Some secrets should not be discovered so easily.
- In the future, most notable bug fixes will be listed here.
- The art is not wonderful. I know. Working on it. ;)
- The site is not mobile-responsive. I know. Also working on it for the beta at the latest, but probably a lot sooner.
- There are a number of pages that a user will come across that are not at all styled. These will be fixed before beta.
- There's a really annoying bug in the paddle functionality. You'll know it if you see it. Please don't abuse it. Thank you!
- There are currently no "challenges", all three of which should be implemented for beta.
- There is not currently an end to the game. This will hopefully be implemented for beta, but way before launch if not.
- Some questions have odd quote-marks.
- If you get errors about an undefined index, please log out and back in. This is your game session expiring and is a top priority in my next release. For best results, don't leave the browser window unattended for a long period of time.
- There is not currently a method to retrieve a forgotten password. Please contact us directly with your username and email address if you need to reset your password.
1) Will the game be up 24/7?
- The game will be accessible throughout the day except for the ten-minute maintenance window that starts at 11:55pm ET (GMT-4).
2) Can I get my friends to join?
- Sure! Please do let them know the game is in its very early stages, though.
3) Will the game reset at all?
- It's an alpha version, so I'm sure we'll have some resets. That said, your user account will remain intact, even if your progress and advancement in the game gets wiped out with various changes.
4) Will I get to keep all my progress when the full version of the game launches?
- No, I'll reset everyone to start from scratch when it launches.
5) What happens if I find a bug?
- Tell me about it! Post here: https://forum.riverofkurn.com/discussion/6/report-a-bug
6) Is it just me, or are there exceedingly few instructions in the game?
- Good catch! I'm trying out having players discover things for themselves. If you, my trusty alpha testers, have a lot of trouble, I'll likely add more helpful hints. Try asking here on the forums for help.
7) Oh, and that's another thing! Why on earth do I have to have a login for the game and for the forums?
- I know it's a pain. Sorry. I'm going to try to link those logins in the future. Thank you!
More answers to your questions can be found here at the main site.